Five reasons to avoid directory submission tools:
1. Dropped domains – many directory lists are full of dropped domains. Having your site listed on such domains might trigger spam flags.
2. Poor quality – 99% of the free directories are not well maintained and full of expired domains and low quality websites.
3. Duplicate content – even if you alternate between 5 or more titles and descriptions, you will still get a lot of duplicate content.
4. Low PR – free directories have low PR , especially in the inner categories. Too many low PR links may not be good for your site.
5. Bad neighbors – since free directories are not well moderated, your site will appear on the same page with many blacklisted or penalized sites.